Change
Photo

42% of Algerian students didn't get their BAC this year!

- - - - - suicide attempts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

This year, 42 % of students didn't get their BAC :o

What worries me is that more students are trying to kill themselves over this!

Since the BAC results have been revealed, suicide attempts have been on the rise!

Just TODAY 12 teenagers killed themselves because they didn't get their BAC :(

Wallahi I dnt see how bac is reason enough to die for, why don't they just try again next year Insha'Allah?

Where are their families to give them support. And to be honest I blame the media and the Arab community for this, Recently they have been

showing suicide as an act of heroism instead the reality of it being a great sin and crime. They even have been calling those who kill themselves shuhadaa in the name of the so-called ''revolutions'' [even though we all know that those who commit this sin are forbidden to enter heaven],and making it look like its accepted to do so if things don't go your way.

This is what happens when people start to lose sight of the truth and believe everything they're told.

I think if people lay off the BAC a bit and perhaps make sure their children know that its not the end of the world if you have to retake the test 100 more times, then teens will stop overreacting.

Don't forget to share your opinion after reading.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

γΝγΟ - Mohammed

γΝγΟ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
Does this not mean that either the BAC is too difficult, or the teaching is poor/doesnt match the curriculum to be examined?
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

I dont think we can blame it on the teaching since those Thousands of students did not have the same teacher. BAC was not easy, yeah. But what happened was, for example they had 2 questions in the exam. The question which everyone could answer had 2 points and the one that no one had the answer to or at least most of students couldn't had 18 points, get it?

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
well to me they need to look at the examination process. 42% is a large percentage of fails especially for a country which has free education. It needs to be reduced to below 10% and if it means making the exams easier, then it should be.

BAC is not important, we need to get people through University or College. That way they can do something with their lives.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image