writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

Like I said before, this year Insha'Allah am gonna be doing most of the cooking in Ramadan. Today I made the bourak and elham la hlou. It was the first time I ever make el ham lahlou everyone told me the taste was great so am pretty happy about it :D

I will also be making more recipe videos Insha'Allah during Ramadan.

http://youtu.be/rGH0HUXzld0

Enjoy!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

kim

kim
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Current mood: Thinking
salam,
I think you cant call it Elham lahlou now because there is no elham,so you may call it MARKA HLOUA or TADJIN HLAOU as we do here,but we dont cook it the same way,
well done you are a WOMAN AND A HALF :thumbup:
  • writersfreedom likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

@ not el ham lahlou, you're probably right. I called it that cuz its the only name I know lol. 3andna 7nna wissmou el ham lahlou if it has elham in it or not lol. But I tried it to make it clear by using the word ''vegetarian'' although I dnt think it worked, cuz someone in youtube asked me win rahou elham lol :D

You're so sweet! :blush: @ ur kind words.

Today I took some of it to my aunts and they both loved it! If you don't mind, could you tell me how you make it, cuz you said you don't make it this way. smile

~~~ Peace out ~~~

kim

kim
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Current mood: Thinking
You are welcome my friend,
here ,my mother starts with butter(250gr) , el karfa ,little of elttib,el ham (some people puts even onion), tkalihom m3a ba3dahom,
then she adds el zbib first ,water and sugar,
later she puts Ain el bakra,
she cooks elmshimsha seperated in sugar and water before she adds it with the other ingredients because it takes time,
when the gravy gets certain consistency (ta3ked shoui) she turns off.
Finally she adds Maa zhar and roasted almonds for decoration.
bon appetite :chef:
I am not sure I am the right personne you should take recipes from.smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • writersfreedom likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Thank you for the recipe, you explained it very well!

I see that you guys use meat in el ham lahlou, us in my family we dnt cuz none of us will eat it, so its a waste to use it.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

• kim likes this

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Looks good WF and Saha Ftourkoum. On a personal note though, i would not put a ramadhan nasheed to your recipes as it would limit your dish to the Ramadhan period only (if this is what you intended then that is fine).

Keep up the good work
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image