Change
Photo

Algeria vs Libya (2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Posted Image Algeria - Libya Posted Image

Date: Sunday, October 14th, 2012
Time: 8.30PM (Algeria)

After winning the first leg 1-0 (played in Morocco because of the security situation in Libya), Algeria will try to build on that result Sunday and book its spot at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa. The only notable absentee for Algeria will be will be Rafik Djebbour, who was suspended 2 games by CAF for his involvement in the fight at the end of the last game (which in my opinion is good news). Rafik Halliche, injured, was replaced by Ismael Bouzid. Also, Yassine Bezzaz makes his return to the national team after a 2.5 year absence, his last game was at the 2010 Africa Cup.

Here's the list of players called up for the game:

Azzedine Doukha (USM El Harrach)
Rais M'Bolhi (Krylia Sovetov, Russia)
Cedric Si Mohamed (JSM Bejaia)
Mohamed Lamine Zemmamouche (USM Alger)

Essaid Belkalem (JS Kabylie)
Ismael Bouzid (USM Alger)
Liassine Cadamuro-Bentaiba (Real Sociedad, Spain)
Farouk Chafai (USM Alger)
Abderahmane Hachoud (MC Alger)
Carl Medjani (AC Ajaccio, France)

Hamer Bouazza (Racing Santander, Spain)
Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux, France)
Abdelmoumene Djabou (Club Africain, Tunisia)
Hocine El Orfi (JS Kabylie)
Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia, Spain)
Adlene Guedioura (Nottingham Forest, England)
Foued Kadir (Valenciennes, France)
Khaled Lemmouchia (Club Africain, Tunisia)
Mehdi Mostefa (AC Ajaccio, France)
Saad Tedjar (USM Alger)

Mohamed Amine Aoudia (ES Setif)
Mokhtar Benmoussa (USM Alger)
Yassine Bezzaz (CS Constantine)
Islam Slimani (CR Belouizdad)
El Arbi Hillel Soudani (Vitoria Guimaraes, Portugal)
  • Beebo, writersfreedom and Wahrania like this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Insha'Allah we will win!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
By the way, the game is going to be live on Canal Algerie, so I'm guessing it's also going to be shown on ENTV and Algerie 3

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
Informative as usual!
Let hope for a win smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Easy 2-0 win in the end for Algeria to qualify to the African Cup to be held next year in South Africa. Soudani and Slimani with goals in the 5th and 7th minute to basically end the game before it even started. The rest of the game wasn't that interesting. In the second half, some of the Libyan players walked off the field for 5 minutes after (what I'm guessing) were Gaddafi-related insults from the crowd. The officials convinced them to continue playing. Frankly, quite pathetic from the crowd, but can't say it was unexpected.
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Big win indeed and mabrouk the qualifications to CAN 2013.

FYI 11 goals scored between Slimani and Soudani in 6 games, while not more than 4 goals were scored between Ghezzal and Djebbour in 3 years. I know it's a bit harsh since Ghezzal is not a natural striker, but still.

Libyan players walked off the field for 5 minutes after (what I'm guessing) were Gaddafi-related insults from the crowd. The officials convinced them to continue playing. Frankly, quite pathetic from the crowd, but can't say it was unexpected.

I was afraid something like this would happen, and it ended up happening nonetheless. Allah yahdina

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

FYI 11 goals scored between Slimani and Soudani in 6 games, while not more than 4 goals were scored between Ghezzal and Djebbour in 3 years. I know it's a bit harsh since Ghezzal is not a natural striker, but still.

You can't compare two sets of strikers when all the players and even the coaching staff has changed. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I still think Ghezzal can be a useful player for the team to have when he returns from injury. However, Slimani-Soudani are miles ahead of the rest in the pecking order as of right now and hopefully Vahid will start them at the Africa Cup of Nations. As for Djebbour, too bad CAF didn't give him a longer suspension, they would have done us a huge favour.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

http://youtu.be/gfwlR1832gI

~~~ Peace out ~~~