6 replies to this topic

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,504 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

:salaam:

So, in case you're wondering which Kdrama 'meaning' I'm talking about, I'll come right off and tell you it's Korean Drama Posted Image
For me it all started at the beach house (it's far less luxiourous than it sounds like :D ) one night when I couldn't sleep, around 3am I turned on the ENTV (only channel we had) to see this cute Asian girl (can't make a difference they all look the same) in Kikinette and a mini skirt. She looked like a character out of an anime, I was intrigued. Later, I learned it's a dubbed Korean series called Full House. And that's how my fascination with Kdrama begun. A couple of years later, I came across City Hunter one of my favorite dramas and since then I'm hooked Posted Image

Now to state few of my favorite ones:

~Faith~

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the story of a warrior from the past who, in order to save his dying queen, goes through a portal that takes him to present Seoul, abducts a surgeon and take her back to Goryeo (old Korea?) believing she's the divine healer.

~49 Days~

Posted Image

This, here is about a woman who dies untimed death resulting in her spirit being stuck in between worlds ( Too much, eh? I know, but that's Drama Land) So, she's given another chance; in order for her to regain her body she has to collect 3 sincere tears (family doesn't count) and to do that she's given control over the body of the woman who caused her her death.

Next is

~City Hunter~

Posted Image

Inspired by City Hunter the Japanese Manga and anime; But instead of Tokyo, Japan, this story takes place in Seoul, Korea. And just as the title says, it's about a city hunter cleaning out the city of corruptionPosted Image

Now, you tell me about if you're watching any Kdrama, which are your favorite ones, and if you have any favorite actor/actress. Let's talk about it Posted Image
  • writersfreedom and •eve• like this
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Nice post Lil, I like Kdrama as well esp this one show I watched 2 years ago but cant remember whats it called lol, it was an amazing love story! They usually have great plots and are fun to watch!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

fred2265

fred2265
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Current mood:

Big fan of City Hunter :) .jpg

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,504 posts

Nice post Lil, I like Kdrama as well esp this one show I watched 2 years ago but cant remember whats it called lol, it was an amazing love story! They usually have great plots and are fun to watch!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

w/salam

Looool there's at least one romance in almost all Korean dramas. So, a more detailed description would help to know which one.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Well, a guy fell in love with a blind  girl and one day his friend saw her and got to know her and he fell in love with her too, then the first guy had this accident and people thought he's dead, but the blind girl did not know about this so when she was able to see the 2nd guy went to the hospital to visit her and make sure he is the first thing she sees, and he told her that he's the first guy [the one she loves] and so they got married,  she believed him cuz she also wasn't able to hear very well lol. Then after 10 years the first guy came back to town and found that his best friend married the love of his life, and they were working music field together, many things happen but at the end the 2nd guy dies for real [lol] and the girl knows the truth and marries the 1st guy lol.  :P

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,504 posts

salam 

I think I saw an episode from this drama when it was aired on ENTV and my sister was watching it. Or I might be mixing it up with another one hehehe

It's so easy to get confused by these ones. It takes me a good five or more episodes to tell the character apart and their names.. well that's a pretty hard challenge, if I learn how to say the names of two main characters then it's an achievement lol 

• writersfreedom likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

salam 

It's so easy to get confused by these ones. It takes me a good five or more episodes to tell the character apart and their names.. well that's a pretty hard challenge, if I learn how to say the names of two main characters then it's an achievement lol 

Same here!! haha :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~