• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Don't worry... Nobody's found a way to make us disappear from the map :D I'm sure you thought the topic is misplaced :D .

Anyway, 

salam ALikom,

I will share with you the pictures from Marsa Ben mhidi in ghazawet, on the Algerian and moroccan frontiers. I'm sure many of you have been there before. What caught my attention, is this large beautiful beach between the two countries. Has any of you ever dreamt of being in the two places at the same time? Or to be nowhere without leaving the earth? or to swim in international waters? 

That would have been possible if Algerian Government and Moroccan government were a little more intelligent, this beach could be one of the best summer resorts in the world as whole, I mean look how beautiful this is. WHen I saw this I thought of these American shores we see in Music videos, like in Miami and so.... Anyhow, maybe I am too optimistic sometimes

425416_498894340143325_1165207994_n.jpg

23716_498894740143285_1091879707_n.jpg

76998_498895613476531_933020560_n.jpg

155980_485151178184308_366342256_n.jpg

• Beebo, Lilia and Omeymaa like this

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

salam

I've been there the summer before last. And sure I  was amazed at the beauty of the scene before me I even have pics that I never got around to post :(

Anyway, the first thing that I wondered when I saw that only a dried up river separates us and them is how do they keep people from trespassing? Are there buried mines scattered around :huh:

They told me no. So, I'm still wondering about that!

Sure if both governments got along this would be a heavenly place. However, I wouldn't go as far as calling them 'not intelligent' (even they know enough to pretend otherwise); I see this as protection for Algerians from themselves. cha3b machi wa3i :disgust:  see what they're smuggling in, in exchange of the most important, most valuable source of power. Not only they keep causing a mess in 'station d'essence' where people stay put for hours waiting for a few liters of "l'essence" but they keep ruing the young minds with their drugs. So, considering the alternative, I say they keep those meager security measures to keep the beaches separate.     

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

well I do think that the smugglers are stupid too, my favorite quote remains "ba3t ma w marti bach chrit loto nakhdem biha".. No comment!

How they keep people from trespassing you said? easy, you pay you go you don't pay you sleep in prison ;)

I don't know if oyu noticed between bab el 3assa and the beach there's  a road where you can see Algeria village on the right and Moroccan village with red houses on the left, on the same track there are small tracks on the left which lead to the field before the Moroccan village, thatt's how they trespass

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

they keep ruining the young minds with their drugs.

@Lilia. Not much of the drug smuggling stays in Algeria. It's too expensive and the smugglers get far more for their efforts in Marseilles  I wonder at the lack of cooperation between 2 countries that share so much history too. Why there can't be border crossings and customs agents from both countries to allow easy passage is beyond me. The young people in this area are some of the worst off for joblessness too and this is why they turn to smuggling drugs, not because they are stupid but more that they don't have a legitimate outlet for their smarts. 

only 2 more posts to go before updating  :offtopic:

Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

i've always heard of this place but never had the chance to see it.. thanks Apo for the "virtual tour" :)

WgxUpZ6.png