- - - - - soccer national team

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

It's been a while I know.. but I'm back with a new post about our National Selection that will be competing in next month's African Cup of Nations 2013 in South Africa.

For those who are not aware, we've been drawn to a "group of death" according to the CAF website. The group looks as follows:

Attached File  group.png   5.68KB   0 downloads

Goal Keepers

Rais Mbolhi (Krylia Sovetov / Russia)

Cédric Si Mohammed (JEM Béjaia / Algeria)

Azzeddine Doukha (USM Harrach / Algeria)

Defenders

Essaïd Belkalem (JS Kabylie / Algeria)

Carl Medjani (AC Ajaccio / France)

Rafik Halliche (Academica / Portugal)

Ali Rial (JS Kabylie / Algeria)

Mehdi Mostefa (AC Ajaccio / France)

Liassine Cadamuro (Real Sociedad / Spain)

Djamel Mesbah (AC Milan / Italy)

Faouzi Ghoulam (Saint Etienne / France)

Midfield

Adlène Guedioura (Nothingham Forest / England)

Medhi Lacen (Getafe / Spain)

Khaled Lemmouchia (Club Africain / Tunisia)

Saad Tedjar (USM Alger)

Hameur Bouazza (Racing Santander / Spain)

Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux / France)

Foued Kadir (Valenciennes / France)

Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia / Spain)

Djamel Abdoun (Olympiakos / Greece)

Forwards

Hilal Soudani (Guimares / Protugal)

Islam Slimani (CR Belouizdad / Algeria)

Mohamed Amine Aoudia (ES Sétif / Algeria)

Yacine Bezzaz (CS Constantine / Algeria)

It's been officially announced that Djamel Abdoun is no longer on the list due to an injury that he sustained in his team's last game before Christmas break, which is very unfortunate and unlucky in my opinion because he's been outstanding this season for Olympiacos and even against big teams such as Arsenal.

There are rumors circulating that Abdelmoumene Djabou has been called to replace Abdoun, but nothing official has been announced yet.

The biggest controversial decision has been the exclusion of Rafik Djebbour who's also been on fire with his club Olympiakos this season with 12 goals to his name I believe. I believe that Djebbour under Halilou could've offered a lot more to the national team because he seems to fit into the new system of play. I could be wrong, but he could've definitely offered more than what Bezzaz would (even though i'm a die hard fan of Bezzaz).

Thoughts?

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

What does Bezzaz's presence have to do with Djebbour? Bezzaz is a winger, an attacking midfielder, while Djebbour is an out and out striker. Slimani, Soudani and Aoudia were chosen ahead of Djebbour not Bezzaz, so if you want to compare you should do compare to those three. In my opinion, I'm glad Djebbour is out. It doesn't matter how many goals he scores with Olympiakos, he has 29 caps for Algeria and we've all seen what he can do .. which is not much. He walks around the field and shows absolutely no fighting spirit. Also, the Soudani-Slimani pair have proven their ability to score under Vahid, so that aspect is covered from a coaching perspective. 

The list is decent but there's some issues:

- M'Bolhi has not played a game in over 6 months. There's absolutely no reason to include him in the list when there are plenty of goalkeepers playing every single week in Algeria.

- Cadamuro has a grand total of 1 game played this season. He's 24 years old and has played 20 professional games in his career. Why does he deserve a place over a player like Hachoud who not only impressed the couple of times he got a chance to play but is also a regular with his club?

- Benmoussa, who's been called up for the past year and finally got his chance against Bosnia, gets dropped because Faouzi Ghoulam, who rejected Algeria and declared his love for France just a year ago, all of a sudden agreed to play for us. I don't care how good he is but that makes absolutely no sense.

I really hope Djabou gets recalled to the team but even if he does make the final list of 23, I doubt Vahid will ever use him. It's a Hadj Aissa case all again. He sits on the bench for years and then when he signs for a club in the Gulf people will say that he's a wasted talent, when he never got a chance to showcase his abilities on an international level.

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

What does Bezzaz's presence have to do with Djebbour? Bezzaz is a winger, an attacking midfielder, while Djebbour is an out and out striker. Slimani, Soudani and Aoudia were chosen ahead of Djebbour not Bezzaz

because he put him with the forwards.. that's why i mentioned Bezzaz within that group. I know he's an attacking midfielder but i'm assuming he'd want to use him in more attacking role. I'm just saying Bezzaz took Dejbbour's physical spot because he can only have 24 players. I just think Djebbour should've got this last chance to prove himself... he never had a true chance under Halilou because of the explosive appearance that both Slimani and Soudani showed.

I totally agree with you regarding all 3 Mbolhi, Ghoulam, and Cadamuro.. it's very sad to see this happening again where players who haven't played enough for their clubs take up spots ahead of those that are doing very well in their respective clubs in Algeria.

Regarding Djabou, I believe i read today that he's been taken off the list completely and that he's only taking 23 players.. not sure if it's just a rumour or actual news.. so take it with a grain of salt.. but if it's true, like you said it will be a repeat of the Hadj Aissa dilemma.. Allah La Traba7hum

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Current mood: Fine Contributor

salam ...

So how is our team doing ?? Do u guys think we'r gonna make it to the final or the semi-final ...

Coz I personally have doubts, I'm afraid to be outta the competition a little early,

This time I won't be optimist before I watch the first two games "or may be more", llah yjib elkhir w sayé !

Hey !

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

I don't think this team is as talented as previous teams but I have faith in Vahid's experience in African football and more importantly in his vision of how football should be played. He prefers the physical aspect over talent, which is why the likes of Djebbour and Djabou didn't make the team in my opinion. We have a tough group so it won't be easy but I think they'll make it to at least the quarter-finals. From then on it depends on who we face and of course, luck. 

By the way, the team is leaving tonight for South Africa and should arrive there tomorrow morning.

• Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

The team arrived this morning in South Africa:

arrivee_jborg_1.jpg

arrivee_jborg_2.jpg

arrivee_jborg_3.jpg

arrivee_jborg_4.jpg

arrivee_jborg_5.jpg