- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Algeria will face the host of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, South Africa, in a friendly on Saturday in Soweto, Johannesburg. It's Algeria's first friendly prior to the ACN, with another one scheduled for next week against a South African club. The game should be shown live on the Algerian channels at 7.15PM Algeria time. 

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

I cannot wait to watch this game tomorrow inshallah... it's gonna be an awesome test for the whole team. Apparently the coach will play the entire team so that everyone gets a chance.. I just hope they do their best.

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Oh I forgot to post the probable line-up according to DZFoot :

s5lg44qi.jpg

M'Bolhi starting despite not playing a game for 7 months and training with 18 year olds ..

Mostefa starting at RB .. 

3 defensive midfielders .. 

We'll see how it works out though

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Turns out game won't be shown live no the satellite channels, only on the local Algeria channel |:

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

they'll be replaying the game on the satellite channels later..

There was a last minute change.. lacen was replaced by bouaza

The game in my opinion was played by Halilou to build confidence in the team's defensive line. The midfield players Kadir and Feghouli didn't give it all that's for sure.. i'm not sure if that was how Halilou wanted it or not.

In the end, the defence i think played great.. Belkalem played along side Medjani first half and they were great, then with Halliche 2nd half. I think him and Halliche need more time together to adapt.. but other than that they did well.. Surprisingly, Mbolhi was outstanding and saved us from 2 certain goals.. same as Mesbah.. even though they haven't seen much playing time in the last while.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

"The game in my opinion was played by Halilou to build confidence in the team's defensive line."

Since when was that an objective? To build defensive confidence? Let's be honest, the team sucked and Vahid's tactics were beyond mind boggling. Lemmouchia was basically in the middle of the field by himself and Guedioura was playing as a right-wing. There was absolutely no link up play and not surprising with no one in the middle. Feghouli, Kadir and Guedioura were all disappointing. M'Bolhi did well but I wouldn't say "outstanding". He had one good save, the other one was shot right at him. As for Mesbah, we must have watched different games because in the game I saw he provided nothing going up and was constantly fouling players defensively. Not to mention his back pass to nobody that almost cost us a goal. I don't get why Ghoulam wasn't given a chance to at least play 15-20 minutes.

In short, some real questions need to be asked about Vahid's decisions for this game. Let's hope it's just an experiment or something because from today's performance I don't see this team going far to be honest.

The only positive was Belkalem-Medjani in the heart of defense and Mostefa at the RB position. 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Since when was that an objective? To build defensive confidence? Let's be honest, the team sucked and Vahid's tactics were beyond mind boggling.

since that's the position that has been most criticized as of late due to the lack of experience in the back once Bougherra is gone. We all know the back line was put last minute and weren't sure whether it would hold against big teams or not.

Also, you know for a fact that we've never played the 4-3-3 formation, so he obviously was trying something out. It didn't work because Lammouchia had so much to do on his own (I personally think it would've worked if Lacen played instead of him).

For Mesbah, he played defensively which is what his position is left back. He never had a chance to go up because the right-winger was pretty fast and dangerous so i'm sure Hlilou made him focus on marking him, which he did very well... in fact, Mostefa never made it past the half-way line either...

Also, making the Halliche change to see whether he can play alongside Belkalem

All these are very good signs that this game was focused on our defense and ensure they are prepared and ready and can actually defend against the likes of Cote d'Ivoire because we all saw how the Mali game went.

From a supporters point of view, it wasn't exciting for sure, but if that was the plan he had in mind for this game, then I say.. it went well, because our defence was solid!

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

For starters, we didn't play 4-3-3, not sure where you got that. We started off in the usual 4-2-3-1, then it became a 4-1-4-1 and then they ended up a in 4-4-2. 

If you think Lacen can hold down a midfield by himself you must be crazy. With two defensive midfielders he struggles, let alone all by himself. Very few players in the world can manage that role by themselves, and none of them are Algerian.

For Mesbah, he was reckless on defense. He kept fouling his man, most of the time unnecessary fouls. In a real game you would get a yellow card after the first one. Also, I don't see the point of a full-back that doesn't go up, might as well just throw in another central defender on the wing. Same thing for Mostefa. 

Again, I don't get where you're coming up with your theory about a defensive approach. Our defense has been very solid of late. We're ranked 2nd in Africa and 20th in the world. We are one of the favorites to win this competition. We should not even consider playing defensive and I don't think it's an issue. I really don't know how you can say the game went well "if that was his plan." Who plans to play out a 0-0 draw with no organization, cohesion or build-up play against a very weak South Africa team? 

Sorry Beebo but I disagree with you completely on this one. Yesterday's game was a terrible display and almost everyone I spoke to agrees. 

Fares فارس

Fares فارس
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy

That's what I thought too Bylk... to be honest although statistically, they have had many wins in 2012, I still get very disappointed whenever I watch Algeria as I hardly ever see the presence of basic link-up, passing and build-up play. Bylk you're certainly right that there was no cohesion or organisation, I knew I wasn't dreaming it!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

lol Well we barely agree on anything most of the time.. if we agreed then there wouldn't be any discussion in these soccer forums

Again, I don't get where you're coming up with your theory about a defensive approach. Our defense has been very solid of late. We're ranked 2nd in Africa and 20th in the world. We are one of the favorites to win this competition. We should not even consider playing defensive and I don't think it's an issue.

I got my theory from the game we played against Mali and you saw how we did. That was a true test against a real team with European experience and we suffered defensively as well as in the midfield.. that's my reference point. All of the other teams we recently played against can't be considered as real tests for us to say we're good and competitive and consider ourselves as contenders to win this competition.

If Mali gave us a major headache, then for sure Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria would definitely cause us major issues with their European-based packed teams.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Mali finished third in the last African Cup and it was a World Cup qualifier against them and they were at home (Burkina Faso is still home field advantage for them). South Africa failed to qualify for the last African Cup and apart from their win over France in the 2010 World Cup, they haven't done anything notable since winning the African Cup in 1996. They have very few players playing in Europe and those that do play in obscure leagues. Their only good player, Pieenar, is not even playing for them anymore. 

Also, playing in Europe doesn't mean anything. Look at our team. We have Feghouli who plays for Valencia and Kadir for Marseille, yet for Algeria they look like they might as well be playing for Chelghoum Laid.

Anyways, the team is playing another friendly against a South African club this week, we'll see how they do. There can't be any excuses for that one! 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

yea.. definitely no excuses.. Otherwise yiro7o yimell7o 3la rwa7hum

We have Feghouli who plays for Valencia and Kadir for Marseille, yet for Algeria they look like they might as well be playing for Chelghoum Laid.

LOL touche!!

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Algerie beat a South African club, Platinum Stars, 4-1 in a friendly today. The game wasn't televised so no idea how they played. Here's video of the goals:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Better highlights:

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Well.. let's hope they take the score as a positive motivation into the Tunisia game and build on it.

Good Luck Les Verts!

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Well.. let's hope they take the score as a positive motivation into the Tunisia game and build on it.

Good Luck Les Verts!

You don't have any theories about the game? And why Vahid did what ?

.. just messing with you  :thumbup:

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

LOL.. I didn't watch it for me to come up with one :P

But I have to say.. the starting line-up looked like a positive combination that can be used in the future for sure.. i'm not sure how well that line-up played together for us to pass judgement unfortunately.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Just keep in mind that it was a friendly against a team that is ranked 3rd in the South African league, which is ranked 17th in Africa .. in short, nothing to take away lol

• Beebo likes this