- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Algeria will starts its 2013 Africa Cup campaign against neighbors Tunisia on Tuesday. We played Tunisia in November 2011, just over a year ago, and beat them 1-0 in a rather dull affair. Tuesday's game might be more of the same in terms of excitement with both coaches going with defensive oriented line-ups (according to sources anyway). Algeria's rumored line-up is supposed to be:

M'Bolhi - Cadamuro, Belkalem, Medjani, Mesbah - Mostefa, Lacen, Guedioura, Feghouli, Kadir - Slimani

A 4-3-2-1 with Mostefa-Lacen-Guedioura in the middle. I really have no idea why Vahid would take such a cautious approach but we'll see how it works out. Personally, I'm not expecting much from a line-up that features Cadamuro at RB, 3 defensive midfielders and just Feghouli-Kadir playing behind Slimani. 

Kickoff is at 7PM Algeria time.

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

That IS very disappointing to see :S

We have to win this game. I understand his concern if we lose the game, but if we played the same type of game that we played in the qualifiers, we should be fine.

Best form of defending is attacking!!

I hate living in Canada just because of the inconvenient timing.. I'll have to find some sort of excuse to be able to watch the game at work :(

WgxUpZ6.png

Revolution

Revolution
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Current mood: Roflmao

I am not in the mood to write any detailed critique right now...but I just knew what was coming. That curse which fell upon the Algerian team. That haunted, purely evil ball escaping the depths of dirt...yes it was beautiful in a sick way.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

First time using our mobile version of the forum.. It's not bad..

Anyways..ummm not much to say but tough luck.. We had 5 chances and we missed them..

All I want to know is how can he take a shot from out there with 3 defensive mids and lamouchia just coming on fresh?! You can't allow someone that much space!!

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Not unexpected given Vahid's line-up and tactics. In fact, glad we lost, maybe he'll wake up and see his mistakes and everyone can see he's not the coaching genius they're making him out to be. He's the lone person to blame for this defeat. He came in with a crappy line-up and failed to make any changes even though it was so obvious where the holes were.

As for Lemmouchia, you can't blame him for a stroke of genius from Msakni. Also, he played for less than 10 minutes, what about the other 11 players on the field for 90 minutes? Cadamuro, Feghouli, Kadir, Lacen, Guedioura and Mostefa all looked lost. 

Also, .what chances did we have? Other than Slimani's header off the bar, which was almost impossible to score, what other clear cut chances did we create? 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I never said clear cut chances.. I said chances.. anyways the game was dominated by Algeria and there is no argument about it. I agree that the coach definitely didn't make the right decisions with his selection.

For example, subbing Lamouchia (regardless of how he played) was not the right move in my opinion. He should've used Boudebouz who's very good on the ball to put pressure on their weak defence who was becoming very tired and sloppy in the last 15 - 20 minutes.

In the end, Tunis didn't deserve to win and Algeria didn't deserve to lose.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

So you're suggesting we play the last 15-20 minutes with Lacen as the sole defensive midfielder? With 3 DM's we couldn't control the middle, I can't imagine how it would have been with 1.

And we didn't dominate, we might have had more possession and more chances but I wouldn't call it dominating. We looked very disjointed and sloppy and never really looked dangerous with the exception of a couple of plays from Soudani in the end and a shot by Mesbah on a counter attack. 

For me, the result is reflective of the intent of the coaches. One came in looking to tie, one came in looking to win. I'm sure you can guess who's who.