- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Algeria face Togo in a must win game on Saturday. Not much to say other than that I hope Vahid doesn't come out with the same boring defensive line-up. 

Game is at 7PM Algeria time, same time as the Tunisia game on Tuesday

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Looks like he's going for an attacking formation this time.. (he'd be better off committing suicide if he didn't go all out in attack tbh)

The formation that's gonna be used according to many sources is:

algerieprobabletogo.png

Soudani is gonna start upfront with Slimani along with the usual 4 in midfield. Mostefa is in for Cadamuro which i totally agree with.. and Halliche is in for Medjani which i'm not quite sure what the reason behind it is.. maybe the mistake he made that could've cost us a goal last game??

In any case, same reports indicate that Boudebouz will be making an appearance along with Bezzaz in the 2nd half to try and strengthen the attacking options.

In the end.. it's all down to this game, they have to go out there and win and prove that they are a team that's able to compete on an international level. We leave it to them and hope that nothing ruins their success (i.e. stupid refereeing mistakes, etc.)

Let's stay hopeful inshallah :)  :alg:

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Thank God he switched back to this formation! I'm already a lot more optimistic just seeing the formation, though still not convinced with Kadir starting. But one step at a time :D

Yeah weird to see Medjani back on the bench, he's been doing pretty well for the most part .. I think it's a combination of that mistake against Tunisia and the fact that Vahid really appreciates Halliche.

Anyways, like you said, this is it, do or die! Let's hope they get the win.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Vahid qtelna bel heff  :dj:

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

....  :suicide:

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

haha my friend posted this and said this is what should've happened to the ref in the Togo game

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151381491521600

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Just to go back to what I said after the South Africa game:

"In short, some real questions need to be asked about Vahid's decisions for this game. Let's hope it's just an experiment or something because from today's performance I don't see this team going far to be honest."

I wasn't wrong. Vahid got the plot wrong for this African Cup, everything from the three defensive midfielders fiasco to sticking with Kadir to benching Medjani for Halliche. 

Everyone emphasizes the amount of possession and chances we create, but how many real clear cut chances has this team had? I mean keeping the ball against Togo is "good" but what's the point if you can't score and your only chances are shots by Guedioura from 25 metres out that aren't even on target. This team really lacks a creative element, a Djabou type player that can make the magical play out of nothing, but knowing Vahid's philosophy of preferring brute type players like Guedioura and Mostefa, I doubt he'll ever get his chance.

• Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

By the way, despite the elimination and the poor results, it seems like most fans want Vahid to continue as the coach of this team, according to the two votes we had on DZFoot in any case:

http://www.dzfoot.co...halilhodzic.php

I guess we're fine with being crappy as long as a foreigner with a big mouth is in charge. I wonder what the reactions woud be like if it was a local coach. 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Vahid is like Murinho (wait.. don't lose your cool lol let me finish) in the sense that he's very focused on tactics and enforcing his tactics on the field of play and completely destroying open and creative play, which is why I think he never used Boudebouz nor called upon Djabou.

He only wants players that can follow his instructions to the dot and we saw that against Togo where we dominated possession but with no outcome. I think the reason behind that was because we kept on trying to do the EXACT same type of play over and over and over.. Togo figured it out and had noo problems stopping our "attacks" because they were lacking any creativity and followed the exact same plot.

To be honest i'm not sure what to conclude.. on one hand we have a team that is very possession oriented yet lacks any kind of striking or effective power (reminds me of Arsenal 2 or 3 years ago where all they did was pass and try to walk the ball into the net and ending up loosing games)

I wonder if bringing Belfoudil as another striker that can add competition to the front line?? We'll see what happens