writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

I got a new iPhone as a birthday gift few months ago and I gotta say .... I am so in love with it!

I feel like its part of me now cuz I have EVERYTHING I need with me all the time in an awesome nice-looking gadget that is also like a mini laptop lol.

This however does not mean I change my mind about Samsung S3 being my dream phone :D

So even though I said many bad things about Apple and iPhone on e-dz before :P I admit that Apple does have some cool products and iPhones don't suck  :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

I just gave my iPhone to my wife and bought a new Samsung Galaxy III. I agree with you that iPhone doesn't "suck", but there are some very annoying things about it such as:

Having to pay for some applications (this isn't bad in itself it's just the things you have to go through to get a little iTunes credit unless you live in America - I do not like jailbreaking as I might have to answer to Allah for this)

Not being able to import contacts from the phone to the sim card

So after 1 year I was bored with the iPhone and now I am happy with the Samsung. Let's see how long this lasts.

Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,506 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

salam 

Congrats sis ^_^  I still remember how adamant you were in dissing the apple products some time ago with Ozzy. 

There are rumors about Algeria manufacturing products alike (I'm not sure if it's tablets or smartphones) mainly by Condor and ENIE

Hope we'll be able to afford them!!!

Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Well like I said before Samsung S3 is my dream phone [the one you have lol], my sister has Samsung S2 and she loves it. But iPhones are also fun to have I think, and to be honest I have no problem with jailbreaking :paranoid: :whistling:  :bag: :blush:

~~~ Peace out ~~~

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

salam 

Congrats sis ^_^  I still remember how adamant you were in dissing the apple products some time ago with Ozzy. 

There are rumors about Algeria manufacturing products alike (I'm not sure if it's tablets or smartphones) mainly by Condor and ENIE

Hope we'll be able to afford them!!!

Thanks my dear! Oh yeah haha @ the old days :D

I heard about that too and yes Insha'Allah everyone will be able to buy those.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,506 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

and to be honest I have no problem with jailbreaking  

Honestly, I don't see any other way around it. We don't have credit cards, we can't afford ones even if we wanted to, plus those releases are designed for people from their continent only. So, may Allah forgive me, but I don't think I'm hurting anyone, because these apps, programs, books, movies,etc. were never meant for me. If I lived in the U.S and did it, that would be stealing and I'll be accounted for it, however you can't miss something taken by 'no one', right?   

• writersfreedom likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Honestly, I don't see any other way around it. We don't have credit cards, we can't afford ones even if we wanted to, plus those releases are designed for people from their continent only. So, may Allah forgive me, but I don't think I'm hurting anyone, because these apps, programs, books, movies,etc. were never meant for me. If I lived in the U.S and did it, that would be stealing and I'll be accounted for it, however you can't miss something taken by 'no one', right?   

I 100% agree with you.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

The comments above are exactly the reason I stay away from it (jailbreaking). I don't know the laws especially the latest ones about copyright and intellectual property, so I tend to be careful. In Saudi I can buy iTunes credit at bookshops in the form of "gift" cards. The problem is they are brought in from America and you have to make up a US address to load the credit. So right away I feel like a liar and I have to set up my phone or iPad as if I am living somewhere I'm not. Samsung is much more direct, though I have to admit that I haven't bought any apps for it as most of the ones I want are free. 

Maybe E-DZ has a lawyer or a lawyer-in-training that can advise us about the latest laws.

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

just in order to boost your anti-capitalist-Applistic-mind-control activism, try to drop your iPhone from a one meter table to floor on its front side (screen).

Ps: I do not pay for the damage :D

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
 (this isn't bad in itself it's just the things you have to go through to get a little iTunes credit unless you live in America - I do not like jailbreaking as I might have to answer to Allah for this)

This means I'll be questioned about the books I've downloaded from internet although non believers hid them from me? Well I actually did not steal them it was someone who loaded them online and allowed me to download them, so it's his responsibility, isn't that?

It's not like I've taken them illegally, Google knows it :P

• Omeymaa likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Congrats!

BUT alll of the above phones are overrated :P

I introduce to you the new Blackberry Z10

BlackBerryZ10.jpg

This will be a game changer for Blackberry

• writersfreedom likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
As Salaam Mualaykum all...where do I start?! lol
For those who don't know me, you're in for an essay lol.

Masha'Allah that's great WF, mabrook! The range of apps that the iOS platform has to offer has yet to be beaten. There may be a cheaper offering on Android, but they lack the quality of iOS apps.
The old timers all know that I am a big time Apple fan, but what everyone here doesn't know is that my current phone is the Galaxy Note 2...shocked? Here's why.

Everyone knew of my obsession with Apple, the amount of years that I've been using their products and that I've been using the iPhone since the very first one. Amazing products. I've jailbroken my phones, modified them physically, fixed smashed screens, downloaded some amazing apps, have had training provided by Apple and have been an official certified Apple Product Professional for three years running, Ahumdulillah. All of the above is exactly why I picked the Galaxy Note 2. I fancied a bit of a change and some experience on a different platform.

The Galaxy Note 2 is a great phone, I've rooted (like jail breaking) it and am running a custom ROM. I love it. Great screen size, amazing functionality and a good offering of apps...but, after having this phone for over half a year I've started to miss my iOS device. I don't have the great quality apps on my phone that I used to, it doesn't integrate quite so well with my Mac and when you look at it the major apps they cost just as much as they do on iOS. So what did I do about this? I bought an iPad mini lol. Loving being back on iOS and have the best of both worlds now, Alhumdulillah.

In regards to jail breaking it is not against the law, there are many articles about this. You would only have to worry about what you do with a jail break, if you choose to do certain things with it. For example, and what I think Abu Daoud is referring to is the ability to download paid apps for free. This is not why people primarily jailbreak their phones, that's not what I jailbreak for anyway. Jail breaking allows iOS users to fully customise and extend functionality of their device. You would have to add a particular repository in order to have the ability to download applications for free. Even when adding those particular repositories, Cydia (the main hub for anything in regards to jail breaking), offers you a warning that what you are doing is adding a repo that may be against the law and gives you an option to cancel or continue anyway.

Similarly can be said about Android. You don't need to be rooted (jail broken) in order to download Android apps for free. Rooting the phone again is not against the law, but it allows full control of your device. You are able to control something as simple as the LED for notifications to change particular colours, to your CPU performance and setting a maximum and minimum.

Beebs, on to your post lol. I've played with the Z10 and I agree it is a complete game changer for BlackBerry (what is going on with Alicia Keys as the Global Creative Director? lol. Anyway that I could go on for hours lol)...but it is no threat to Apple, Samsung, HTC or even Nokia. It has a few great features, something that the rest could learn from, but nothing really special. In regards to its offering on apps, BlackBerry have been pushing out a lot on this but not in the right way. As you may or may not know, the BlackBerry OS as of 2.0 on the PlayBook was able to load Android apps on to it. Although this is somewhat an advantage, it is not ideal. A lot of their apps that they have pushed out are Android apps in a BlackBerry wrapper, but that takes away from the great experience from dedicated developed apps primarily for your OS.

Last point, I promise lol. HTC just yesterday announced the HTC One. A brilliantly spec'd phone, and great looking as well. They've really done a great job with HTC Sense, thought about a few things such as the full 1080 screen with 468ppi (amazing) and rather than joining in the megapixel race, have stuck with a better quality 4MP sensor that can draw in (so they say) 300%+ more light in low light conditions. I can't wait to see one and play with it, but will it be an iPhone or S3 killer? Probably not.

So anyway, I think that's enough for now. If you've read this far, you deserve a medal lol.
Insha'Allah my next posts won't be as big, I was sort of playing catch up with this one haha.
I hope that what I have said has not offended anyone Insha'Allah, as this was not my intention.
Anything good is from Allah (swt), anything bad is from shaytaan and the evil within myself.

Wa Salaam Mualaykum.

Ozzy
  • writersfreedom and Abu Daoud like this

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

salam I heard about the HTC one and i've always thought of the company as the not-so-good mainstream alternative but seeing their latest device, the one, has changed that view a little! I'm getting fed up of the samsung devices, not interested in going the apple route, nokia windows platform and the blackberry hasnt got the apps I need.. so i may give it a try if its available for my next upgrade.

A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

but it is no threat to Apple, Samsung, HTC or even Nokia. It has a few great features, something that the rest could learn from, but nothing really special. In regards to its offering on apps, BlackBerry have been pushing out a lot on this but not in the right way. As you may or may not know, the BlackBerry OS as of 2.0 on the PlayBook was able to load Android apps on to it. Although this is somewhat an advantage, it is not ideal. A lot of their apps that they have pushed out are Android apps in a BlackBerry wrapper, but that takes away from the great experience from dedicated developed apps primarily for your OS.

Obviously it's not gonna be a threat to Apple and Android... I wouldn't go as far as Nokia though.

The application gap is normal and the android player portion is the fastest way they were able to get as many apps on the platform as possible. They had a very very short window to work with, so it left them no choice but to go that route. I definitely agree these apps are not as great as native apps, but the OS is soo developer friendly that it would be nonsense for a developer not to develop for it. In fact most developers who have imported their android apps directly (takes 3 steps to import an android app to Blackberry btw.. which is why everyone did it) are currently working on a native app for the OS

I've had it since it came out and so far i've been very happy with it taking into consideration that it's a version 1.0 brand new OS.. We both know how the first version iOS and Android were like when they came out lol

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

JazakhAllah khayr for the information about jail breaking. In Saudi Arabia it is done with the intention of getting free apps that are normally paid. At least that's what some (most) of my students are doing while thinking that it's quite ok to do this.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

So am coming back to this topic for sure, lots of posts to read :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~