writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

For some reason, tattoos are becoming a trend around here, more and more of my students are getting them!

Why do you think is that? 

Some of them get tattoos that have no meaning like a skull or a snake but some of them have ones that represent something to them, like one of my students has the name of her son on the back of her neck, and another one has the Algerian flag on his back.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

real tattoos? i hope not!! :o

WgxUpZ6.png

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

real tattoos? i hope not!! :o

What he said!!!

You have students with tats in their backs? What, are a you teaching in the Bronx Ghetto?! 

The only real tattoo I've seen in my life is my grandpa's lady on the shoulder!

• •eve• likes this
Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

writersfreedom your students are gwer studying Arabic wela Algerians studying English? 

It is more likely to see tattoos like these on people that are not religious (I was about to say ppl from Europe, and Americas, then I thought Asia and Africa as well, that's the whole world except Moslems because in Islam , as far as I know, they're forbidden) well I think it's simply la moda

Here in Tunis most people who have them are Art students and Music Students , za3ma les artistes and most of them are boys, the only women with tattoos that I've seen here are not Arab

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:salaam:

You guys are cute really, you honestly don't know that Algerians have them now and it's becoming a trend among our generation?

I have four types of Algerian students:

I have those who are Algerians but lived abroad for so long that they lost their Algerian identity and are only Muslims by name.

I have the rich and famous Algerians who act as if they are from other countries and have no idea what Islam is.

And then I have those who are Muslims and know Islam but still don't really follow it, for example they know drinking is haram but they still drink on new year's eve or in night clubs, they are aware that we are not allowed to have real tattoos but they still get one sometimes more than just one, they are Muslims but not practicing Islam.

The last group is the smallest lol, Algerians who are real Algerians and give a good example to anyone who visits our country, but they really are so rare!

After working here, I learned that you cant judge a book by its cover, I swear some of them may look or act as if they are bad news but they are good people and have a pure heart.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

• •eve• likes this

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool
I have tattoos but got them way before I did my shahadah. The 2 times I have been to Hajj and People have seen them I get very mixed reactions. Some want to pay to have them removed, some just say "haram, haram" and are put off while some are sympathetic and understand that Allah has forgiven me everything I did before my testimony of faith. The last time I was doing farewell tawaaf and bared my right arm I had 2 Saudi police approach me and ask me to cover after 3 tawaaf. Alhamdullilah I didn't get any below my elbow so it's easy to keep them hidden. My wife is the one who sees them the most and she understands that this was part of my life before.

It is haram to be Muslim and get tattoos as it is in the realm of changing the way Allah created us. Women are not supposed to pluck their eyebrows for this reason but you see this done all the time. Allah knows best and I am not a learned man so I have asked scholars of Islam about these things.
  • Lilia and •eve• like this
Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

salam

Some want to pay to have them removed

Some consider removing tattoos worst than putting them on in the first place and that is why I think scholars said it's okay if one didn't know before having them, like my grandpa, he had his in his teens (colonization era) and when he was discovered, his father chased him around with a broom, and it took neighbors  interfering to stop him from kicking his butt. After that, he didn't dare show his face to his father for days!

• •eve• likes this

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Exactly! When they offer to pay the money to have them removed I ask them if they will go through the pain for me too. There are some new methods using laser that are less painful but it may just be the videos on youtube are faked and when you get it done it has to be very painful. I can imagine an Algerian father doing what you described  :sweat:

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

LOL abu daoud I would watch their faces when they want to jump on you and cut your head, you're a real soldier brother

@ writersfreedom I've noticed people in Algiers (no offense) have created a new type of Algerianity if I may use this word, they speak french, dress European, eat European and speak like Europeans too and the abnormal for them is that who does not act European (I know all people in algiers are like that but it's growing and it doesn't seem good, especially the language thing)

• kim and Abu Daoud like this

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Yes! I went to a Boulangerie on Didouche Mourad to get croissant, tipa and bread for the family and the woman who waited on me refused to use Arabic. I was using my limited Arabic (numbers and greetings) and I explained in English that I knew absolutely no French, but she kept nattering away in French as if we were in Paris! This is only 1 example I could use as I noticed the severe "French Connection". The colonial period divided Aljazair more than I thought and the consequences continue to this day.

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

I believe people are using French now in Algiers more than they did 15 years ago, there's this wish to be French or become French I don't really get it

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

and when you ask they say it's a heritage! What about your father's heritage?