9 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Yew Good Morning Alikom!

This is an idea that crossed my mind while I was trying to concentrate on what people call "studies", anyway, I was thinking about the universe and how to protect nature and fish and everything except what I should think about until I came to a conclusion which I know many of you know already but have you ever tries to imagine how it is done? I'm talking about Facebook as a mean of experimenting ways to control society by governments. I know Conspiracy theory, we're not over with it, yet!

Have you noticed how Facebook each year comes with new "options" which are imposed on its users, in the past we had the possibility to hide our so called "walls" so nobody could see what pictures/statues you comment and today it is no more possible to control that. You will tell me you can still control who has access to your pictures and your output yet, it causes me more problems to have to justify to 20 people who don't share my opinion when I comment somebody's status than to share a picture of mine and have 20 likes. 

Now let's imagine the Facebook republic, I imagine the Department of Interior, in the Archives centre with registers with citizens' names, birth dates, pictures, best friends, people they love, people they hate, relatives, family, what they do in life, what school they have been to, their phone numbers, their opinions (status; what's on your mind? and a year later Facebook says one year ago you wrote this "....."), religion, what books they like, what music they like, what fashion they like, what football club they like, everything! And we, unconsciously find ourselves giving at least one of these informations to Facebook by a status we share or page we like or a group we join. I always imagine this scene in the future like dystopian films, where we think we're free but we have no where to run to from Big Brother, they have everything about us and "President of the world" (remember el Fhama :D) would control every bit of our lives. The flag is blue and white (Mark Zu...etc has a biiiiiiiig and laaaaarge one in his flat, that of Israel not of Facebook), language is English, culture is Meme's Center, political views: Revolution, Black Bloc, Anonymous, Democracy Imposed, national security: OTAN, mission: imposing Democracy

Last time I needed to subscribe to pages which could bring the latest news about what was happening in the country, I started by finding a page made by Nahda fans, as I subscribed to the page a panel appeared below a proposed about ten other pages which all have the same political views (pro Nahda). 

Next thing, I typed the name of a Leftist party, I subscribed to the page and all the pages proposed later were laftist although they did not mention that in their titles or their descriptions (neither those of Nahda did). Most titles were like Tunisia news, latest news, avenue Habib Bourguiba, Tunisian Revolution. The only way to see these pages' political views was to read their output. Facebook engines are really intelligent, I guess this is the posthuman era, the machine is no longer a theory, the process of enslaving man and depriving him of his humanity has already started. 

And guess what, I tried to create a Google+ account and I didn't want to use my family name and my birth date, the profile was rejected because it did not match the information in their data basis, wallah ila galouha w mahachmouch, so I changed my hotmail name and the work was done!

But I guess you all already know this I just needed to procrastinate!

47283_473640092688349_1045448428_n.jpg

Peace

• writersfreedom, Lilia and •eve• like this

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

ben3ami nahdar bezaf

• Beebo likes this

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,506 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

That's what you think about when you try NOT to think :o 

I'm in that don't-wanna-think-right-now state; I just had a helluva exam... It took all my strength, left me famished, parched, drained out of energy, you name it.

So now, All I'm thinking about is "How to get to the kitchen?"   

I'll get back to you on this subject when I recover some brain cells!

• Apocalypse likes this
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
:lol: Hahaha @ ben3ami nahdar bezaf

The post you created us what I'd call a brain dump.. you pretty much dumped all your thoughts on the page regarding this topic without even "Organizing" them per se lol..

What's interesting is that the whole world is aware of this but the majority are in denial and find it easier to call it a conspiracy theory instead of believing it.

It's until that information is used to prosecute (which happened so many times already) then people will realize how deep they got themselves into it

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:salaam:

am gonna be honest with you, I didn't read the whole thing yet, I worked for 13 hours for 8 days on a row, so I need a break before using my brain again lol, but am coming back to this topic for sure! :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

no need to read it all, it was like Beebs called a brain dump, I had to do it in order to find space to write something else :P the core of the topic is that facebook is rather a spying tool than amusement

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Notice how ladies always complain about their jobs and how tired they are, and guys just say nothing and well, work :P

Done is better than perfect.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,506 posts

Conspiracies... There are always rumors about government conspiracies  Big Brother watching us (heard this in movies), mind control, merging identities... and the list goes on

I learned something that made me consider this stuff as if I'm watching some Sci-Fi movie. And I'll tell you about it.

In economics, there's a well-known dilemma called the Economic Problem of Scarcity. The theory is that we live in a word with limited resources when the unlimited wants of man keep growing. There's a fear of losing those resources hence the constant search of alternatives and management sciences for all kind of resources. 

Of course, this being drilled into my head at school for 2 years, I believed it, however, this year as I started preparing my dissertation on Islamic Economics, the first thing I learn is that there's no such thing as scarcity. Allah created His people and He takes care of them. Each and every population, generation, races, times, etc they all have their needs that differ accordingly  and Allah creates abundant resources for them that will meet those needs (there are verses of the Quran that prove such thing) 

So, what I understand from this is, no more worrying about things that might  or might not happen in the next Millennia

Some big higher ups are trying to spy on us, easy we stop sharing anything that is of utter importance (Here, I'm mainly talking about personal photos that no strangers should be seeing) 

One other thing I believe in is that change is inevitable yet it happens so gradually that you might not notice or even be there to witness it. However, Allah takes care of us so, no will squashing gadgets in the future, that's for sure!

Notice how ladies always complain about their jobs and how tired they are, and guys just say nothing and well, work 

Well, because that goes against our nature: First we're more expressive, when men think that something is obvious just by being we have to dissect it and discuss it and have a whole 'ga3da' about it. Second we're not supposed to be working; a woman's place is at her home with her children and if she chooses  to venture into Men's world than she does it at her own peril and thus more complaining :P :D

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

this is a different topic but I don't agree when you limit the workplace to "man's world" , I don't mean a woman should have the life of a man, a woman should not lose her femininity, but, work gives personality. Although yes I know a woman achieves the grade of an angel (metaphorically) when she takes good care of her children, yet she can have a job she likes which does not affect her family life. Work for me is a way to prove one's existence, I mean, it shouldn't be centred on men or considered as over a woman's reach!not to be considered as suffering either. I do believe there are jobs which fit women more than men and of course jobs for men, but we can't exclude women from it. It's a way to divert oneself. 

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,506 posts

*off topic, sorry* 

Of course, I don't disagree of what you're saying, all I'm saying is that it it tiring because a working woman does the job of two persons at the same time: she works her duty outside in her full time job then she's back at home to do her Mom job which is considered full time as well.That takes a toll on anyone, if not in the first years then later.